Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Alcohol Vs Spirituality !!

Read somewhere...sounds okay to m too.

I’ve never been too big into drinking.. Drank some in college during parties or whenever I felt like it after class. I enjoyed it, but it was never too big a deal or anything I deeply desired or relied upon. I haven’t drank in a while now, yet for the past few nights I was suddenly getting this urge to drink for some reason.

Of course the whole debate arose of “Oh, this is just my ego trying to escape the present moment. What is it here that I’m avoiding?”

But I figured why not? Let’s roll with this and see what happens. So I went to the store and grabbed a six-pack of beer.

As I felt the alcohol kicking in, I could definitely notice the “I Am” Presence within as well as the energy of drunkenness starting to swirl around and distract awareness away from itself and towards the blur of drunkenness.

What was most fascinating about the experience was how clear it was that the energy of being drunk is NOT ME.. at ALL!

It created a sense of split, where I could consciously notice both consciousness and drunkness simultaneously and clearly discern the difference between “me” and “not me.”

By consciously experiencing what I am not, it became much more clear what I am, and in a sense, that’s what this life we’re living is all about!

2 comments:

  1. Got it. There is an Alternative of Alcohol, the power of silence. Try Sri Sri Ravi Shankar sometimes.

    Gurudev :)

    ReplyDelete