Sunday, October 2, 2011

Forgotten Heroes !!

In the last few years, the social changes which I have witnessed around me have left deep impressions. And today when I look back and try to see them from different perspective I feel proud on the sacrifices which social classes have made knowingly and unknowingly .It makes me feel reverence for all those people who have made these contributions. I have been a part of this story, sometimes I played some role and sometimes just a mute spectator .Being a part of this change I can visualize and understand the pain and suffering through which these changes go.

Throughout this journey of human civilizations, which has started thousands of years its not the first time that some changes have come but there were many in different societies. Particularly when we see ours we find Sati,Child marriage,untouchability etc. These practises which today deserve the highest degree of denigration against human rights were once praised and practised like religion. Today what has happened, they are dodo and no longer exist with only exception in our history books.

My basic intent for writing this essay is the journey through which these old customs died and the wounds it has left to its believers, who got hit on their values and beliefs. Its always the crusaders who are praised for their heroic acts and never the pity guy in  the stampede who has sacrificed his belief, which has hurt him emotionally and socially too. I want to give some homage to those pain and sufferings which got lost in the celebrations of  victory for the change .And also sometimes looked with despise.

What is the role of these sacrifices then,why does the changes are obstructed then ? My rational half was prompting this and answer is, "Just to test if the change is strong enough to last long and bear the responsibility its father has delivered in the past" .In this tussle of change both the sides deserve good treatment .

Sometimes its more courageous being at the other end of the change when you know you are showing back to future, but still you have to be there !!!

No comments:

Post a Comment