Monday, September 13, 2010

I miss...

Gazing through the train's window seeing the lush green fields ,rustic beauty and innocent faces .I am feeling nostalgic about the days when I use to visit my village.
Now the days have changed and i rarely visit the place .I miss the freedom when nobody care if you have travelled the whole village bare footed and also the special attention when everybody knows who you are from where you have come "are ye to uska ladka hai,sheher se aaya hai".
Playing marbles with cousins is now the story of distant past and fighting for them is now only the reason to laugh.
Whether using hockey stick to play golf or buying toffees and ice creams in return of wheat will always be remembered as one of the most exciting things i did there.Helping my uncle in his chores was something of pride.
I miss taking bath in the tube well ,having mangoes in the orchard,rides on bullock carts and tractors and lot more things ....
But the most I miss is my grand parents,their love and care. I was always beloved to them they were to me.
Even though time has made it difficult to live that life again but the memories will always remain deep in my heart...

-Himanshu Saini

2 comments: